2. Also proud that the first flames in the kitchen were small, caused no damage, and that I hadn't left the room. Otherwise I would be posting something different.
3. David's truck wins the record of still plugging along, after many resucitations along the way. Unfortunately, that streak is about to end, this weekend. That call came not long after I put out the flames.
4. There is probably no computer that has been in the shop more often than ours. Seriously. It crashed again early this week, after only having it home for a week.
5. Our laptop is on its last leg as well. The rugged built laptop, made to endure drops on rocks, weather, etc has not been able to withstand the use of our children. The computer guy says they have never had one of those break. My kids broke their record. Currently, we put masking tape on the screen to hold it together while we are using it. Not kidding.
(See, we are on a roll of a record breaking week around here.)
6. While that was going on we were figuring out how best to handle the wildlife that has taken residence in our attic. It has been approximately, 6 or 7 years since this has happened.
7. $$$ = the amount of money it will take to get rid of such critters, as we need to do house repairs, etc first. It was on the list to do anyway, but we were waiting until we caught up on our budget after the summer. Umm....
8. The dishwasher has been resucitated many times as well. I believe it is also giving up the ghost. We are still using it, and just rewashing those items that don't get clean. I believe, as the mom,
9. My ankles pronate (roll in). Always have. Two of my children inherited this trait. Only assuming one had, I took this child to the doctor who then delcared those feet the worst of the week in their office. Yay. Later that evening we looked at all of our lovely children's feet, and discovered one other has it too. If not worse than the other. Yay. So, now we are looking at high dollar shoes and inserts for these kiddos feet.
(I mean, really - computers, feet, trucks, fires, wildlife- in 5 days????)
11. $$$$$$$$$$ - amount it will cost us to deal with all of these award winning, record breaking accomplishments.
We have joked, and said to ourselves, "really??", "seriously??" many, many times to ourselves and each other this week. The kids are now frantic, and keep asking if we will be poor and broke. We respond,
Then we tell them, but we have each other. We are still here to pray for our friends who are dealing with much much worse. We are dealing with earthly things. Things that won't go with us after we are gone. We aren't battling cancer, marital issues, hurricanes (well maybe on that one - Sara Beth is headed to the coast tomorrow for a week long sea lab field trip and Isaac is on its way).
And God knows. And for that we are very, very thankful.