Saturday, March 26, 2011

Magical-ness

For those of you that don't know, Disney is in my blood. 
 My whole family loves it.  It is what I grew up doing. 
I just can't get enough.  (Kinda like David and his hunting.  Kinda)

So, a trip to Disney is always exciting, but for me I just love Magic Kingdom. 
It is magical, emotional, causes me to reminisce and enjoy.   I just love it.

I love the Electrical Parade. They have changed it in various ways over the last couple of decades, but I love it nonetheless.  This time, they are back to the original music.  I do miss the music with children's voices singing.  That gets me everytime.  But this year, Disney went back to its roots.  The original music, with floats with their original classics.  Loved it.


 
Then there are the old stand-bys - the Tea-cups, Peter Pan, Snow White, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates.  And you can't forget the Carousel of Progress.  I admit it is one of my favorites.  Even though the original song was better ("Now is the time, Now is the best time, Now is the best time of our lives".... - you know you want to sing along too!)  Then there is Space Mountain.  Which is different when you are older.  I felt like I needed to use the restroom after each ride and I could feel my cheeks flapping.  Nice.





Of the newer attratctions, we love, love Mike's Laugh Floor.  Oh. My. Word.  Love it!! The creativity in that thing is genious.  It is an animated comedy show of monsters.  But, even though it is animated, it changes each time, interacting with the audience.  Way cool!

Can't forget Big Thunder Railroad!  We're in the last car!



The kids, both young and some old-er, love Splash Mountain.  Who doesn't love Brer Rabbit running from the antics of Brer Fox and Brer Bear.  And getting a little wet while you find your Laughing Place.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment