Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happy Saturday Morning????

 


Yes, you are right.  Your are looking at the bottom rack of my dishwasher.  Sitting on my kitchen floor.  Full of dirty dishes.  Yay. 

Happy Saturday morning.

It all started with David and I laying in bed a little late catching up.  We finished our first week of school.  He was gone for a couple of days, having just returned the night before.  We were discussing  what life held, how the next several months were going to look. Etc.   Then we head to the kitchen to fix breakfast.

I noticed that the floor looked a little warped along some of the boards.  I explained to David that yesterday I noticed a little water on the floor, but it was right after Katie had been working on her tea party/restaurant project.   I asked her if she had spilled some water and she said yes, so I assumed that's what it was.  But I wasn't 100% convinced.  Then life went on.

It was right in front of the dishwasher, so as we cooked breakfast, David and I discussed that this was probably the problem.  (that sounds funny).   He even glanced under the sink to rule that out.  At that moment I was so thankful that I had forgotten to run the dishwasher last night.  We would have woken up to a soggy floor.  So proud of myself for thinking ahead, I filled up one side of the sink with soapy water to be prepared for washing dishes and grabbed some paper plates.  As we finished breakfast, David asked me to be thinking of what today needed to hold to be prepared for next week (more on that later).  We can live without a dishwasher, so it didn't seem pressing at the time.

After  breakfast, I noticed more puddles on the floor.  Hmmm, that's weird.  Upon further investigation, we discovered that it was the sink.  Pouring out whenever the water was turned on. (Are you remembering that full sink of soapy water I was so proud of?)  He finds the leak in the faucet.  At least it is something he can fix. 

So now,  it is 10:45.  My dishwasher has been pulled out to dry out from underneath it.  Towels have been used to sop up water.  Fans are everywhere to dry up the water.  (Did I mention that the water seeped under the floors half way across my kitchen?)  We are headed to Lowe's to get replacement faucet.  We think.  As I type, he is finding another leak.  Maybe.  One thing is leading to another so who knows how this will end up. 

But for now, here is how things stand:

We get to eat out for lunch.  See my kitchen counter.  (Just for the record, I am not desperate enough to wash dishes in the tub yet)


David has shut off the water main.  It didn't shut off completely. 

He sure is having fun using his pipe wrench.  That is about all the fun he is having at the moment.

Bear has to stay in his kennel.  Oh, but wait.  Couldn't I let him lick the dirty dishes?  That would be an idea.  Make him feel like a productive member of the family.  In addition to his rodent killing.

This is our Saturday.  It looks like we may get to start our week off without a functioning kitchen.  Our second week of school.  Our first week with everything on the schedule. 

God knows.  He planned that.  Making us more dependent on Him.
That does make for a Happy Saturday morning.  (Now, if I can only keep that perspective!)

No comments:

Post a Comment