Monday, January 16, 2012

"...if I only had a brain"

The Wizard of Oz has got to be one of my favorite movies.  I remember the first time I saw it (maybe the first time, not sure).  I was maybe six or seven and I had the chicken pox.  It was on tv and I immediately fell in love.  My dad even gave me a Wizard of Oz pop-up book.  And yes, I still have it.


Lately, I feel like lately I have been singing the Scarecrow's theme "...if I only had a brain".  Alot.  Maybe it is the current theme of my life.  I can't remember names.  Today, on a walk with the dog and two of my kiddos on scooters, I told Jake to "heel".   David laughs because we seem to have the same conversation over and over.  He sort of laughs.  He is beginning to worry a bit.

What could be causing this phenomenon?  There are many theories, but I think I may be on to something.

It might bring me a great award.  A Nobel Peace Prize maybe?

Are you ready?  Are you sitting down?

I believe that there is some undiscovered nerve that connects a mother's brain to the placenta.  It yanks out part of your brain in childbirth.   And, then in some yet unknown way, this continues throughout the journey of motherhood.

See, definitely award worthy.  

Now, to figure out the cure or solution to this problem. 

Since there is no immediate cure, I must forge ahead.  Straining to remember who these children are that are living in my home.  And where that home actually is.  The other day I kept picturing our old house when thinking of home.  But so far, we are all ok.  I haven't made any major errors in our lives. I've made it to the correct home each time.  When you think about it, it can seem sort of funny.

Ha ha... I must also school them.  Now, that is funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment