Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankfulness

I realize that alot of people will be doing Thanksgiving type posts for the month of November, and I hadn't really planned on it.  But, at this particular moment in time, I wanted to savor the feeling of thankfulness that I have.  It's not always there, you know. 

I have been learning alot lately about the Israelites.  Alot.  And it isn't always a pretty picture.  But, when God moved, they made stones of remembrance, to remember what God has done.  To teach the generations to come the faithfulness of what God has done. 

So, consider this what you will.  A typical November thanksgiving post.  A moment in this day when I am able to say thanks.   A stone of remembrance that God is good.  All the time.

1.  I am truly thankful that October is over.  It is always bad.  For multiple reasons.  David's work load increases about 300 fold.  The newness of school wears off and the daily grind sets in.  Whatever the reason, it is hard.  I have come to expect it.  But, yay!!  November is here!!


2.  I am so very thankful that stomach bugs do not have to be very contagious.  I had another stomach bug that came close to the epic stomach bug I had last summer.  It wasn't fun.  It wasn't pretty.  But, as I traisped back and forth to the bathroom in delirium in the middle of the night, looking at the tile floor thinking it would make a marvelous bed, I remembered that I made it through the last one.  I lived to tell about it.  I can survive this one.  And I did.  And no one else caught it.  Hallelujah!


3.  I am thankful for my children who managed the home without me during my days of near death.  And for my mom who helped out in so many ways as well.  If you will note, it was the last week of October that I contracted this vile thing.  October is not a fun month around here.  David had to leave me to work.  But the kids did great.  Bringing me things like tylenol while wearing a face mask.  Checking on me while trying not to touch the door.  It was pretty funny.


4.  I am thankful for a husband who loves me and supports me in many ways and is pretty insistent that I not martyr myself.  So after last week, I decided a motherhood of martyrdom was not for me.  I called in help.  At least for a while, I will have cleaning help.  I just. Can't. Do. It. All.  Some can.  But not me. 


5.  Because of the last statement, I can sit her in thankfulness, that all my papers are graded.  The house is germ free, and is now getting mold and dust free.  My phone has been updated on the computer.  And I am so thankful for the above, I am not even concerned that I lost all of my contacts.  Another week, that would have probably sent me over the top.  But not today.


And I want to remember it.  Savor it.  Create a stone of remembrance.

The leaves are beautiful.  The sky is clear.  There is church tonite.  My family is well.  School is done for the day.

Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment