Sunday, October 3, 2010

How Ironic....

If you read my last post on my tightwadness frugality, you will find this post very ironic and somewhat amusing. 

First, my disclaimer - By this post I am in no way trying to brag or boast about myself.  You will see why I need to say this as you read.  Now, here we go-

As we approach this fall season (for which the Pritchards are jumping for joy!), it is time to dig out the fall clothes.  It is time to don the jeans (yes!), long sleeve shirts and sweaters.  When I put up my clothes last year, I knew that some updating of my wardrobe was going to be necessary.  Mostly tops and some casual church clothes.  I had plenty of jeans, because Old Navy had there's for $15 one time and so I stocked up in that area.  But, I knew I would need to add some things.

But as I began this process of pulling thabout a week or two ago, I noticed a trend.  Definitely a good one, I think.  This summer, in a very short amount of time and in a very not fun way, I lost quite a bit of weight.  Remember this post - Proceed With Caution?   So this is where my disclaimer kicks in.  I wouldn't wish my experience on anyone.  Ever.  But, it came with some perks.  I think I deserve that for what I went through.

I digress.

Oh, the clothes.  So I pull out my jeans to wear to Bible Study.  Instead of looking hip and cool, I look like a bag lady in clown pants.  I keep pulling stuff out and same story on everything.  Too big.  Tis true, a nice problem to have, but a most inconvenient one.  I am having to start over.  On my wardrobe.  And I don't mean a few things here and there.  Alot of things here and there.  Most everything here and there.

Unfortunately, for everyone else their opinion of my problem is "yippee!".  The lady at Stein Mart asked me if I was looking for anything in particular.  I said no, I am having to start over.  She responded with such enthusiasm, "Oh, What Fun!".  Sara Beth is so excited that I will look modern now.  (sigh)  David is so thrilled to have my pre-baby weight (I almost said pre-baby body or shape, but alas, no, that will never happen), he is willing to buy me anything. 

But, alas, this isn't fun for me.  You see becuase I am a tightwad frugal and add to that my fashion illiteracy simplicity, this ends up being a chore.  And also, like I have time do any of this.  I truly am trying to have the right attitude.  This is supposed to be fun, right?  When I ran back to Stein Mart Saturday to take advantage of their sale (that started the day after I bought some stuff.  Uggh, my frugalness made me go back.  I saved some $$ too!)), I was trying to make sure I had looked at everything, and started getting dizzy.  Overwhelmed.  It was all too much.  I got in line and was able to gather myself together before I lost it in front of the cashier, "Why can't we just all have uniforms!! Oh, the choices!"

So, this is my quest.  Starting my wardrobe over.  I cleaned it all out today, and tried it on.  I wanted to just know what I had.  Here is the what I am starting from that fits for fall- Bottoms: 1 pair of black travel pants, 1 pair of rust/brown travel pants, 1 brown skirt (more fall not winter).  Tops: a couple of sweaters, maybe 3, some long sleeve casual shirts (4 or 5), and some that are good in between season (2).  Yep, that's it.  Ain't much.  Oh, just remembered, I have a two vests that I can wear with the casual shirts.  I have some capris (one size too big) that I can wear for a bit with long sleeves.  My Old Navy jeans are in a pile waiting to be shrunk.

How ironic that I just posted on my frugal-ness, and now I am having to go spend money on clothes.  When truthfully, I would rather not.  Sigh.  I am sure you will continue to hear updates on this saga, and when I feel like dealing with technology I will get my kiddos to take some pictures and show you my new look.  Oooh, you know what that made me think of?  Those cheesy make-over shows.  Do you think I would qualify?  Naaah, probably not.

1 comment: