Saturday, September 25, 2010

Retail Therapy

Today, my wonderful husband, David, treated me to some time off.  I treated myself to some retail therapy, shopping and buying.  For some of you who know me, this comes as a shock.  I am not much of a shopper, more of a wanderer, really not a buyer.  I am too frugal for that. I can't stand to spend money. (I'll get to that in another post)  But, every once and a while, like every good woman, I can enjoy a good day of shopping and buying. :)  Why is that?  Why does a woman feel so good after a good purchase? 

Today, I wandered a local arts and crafts festival.  One vendor had these homemade soup making kits.  All the spices, etc ready to go and all you have to do is add meat/beans/cheese.  It smelled delicious.  As I wandered over, she offered me a taste.  Oh. My. Word.  Unbelievably good.  Yes, I bought some and can't wait to make them!!  I also ended up buying some candles that I have had my eye on for about 4 years (see, how hard it is for me to spend).  I ate lunch (moderately priced quiche) at the bookstore (a heavenly escape for me) then I hit the mall. Alone. Sigh.  Hmm, I tried on clothes at Dillards (I had a credit there) and spent it on ladies apparel.  I bought some wallflower refills from Bath and Body.  Apple. :)  I found a new store for teens, an off shoot of American Eagle and found a cute dress for Sara Beth for $12. :)  Found a shirt for Katie for a happy (on sale with extra 40% off - under $4).  Target was next, looked at anti-aging creams without impatient children around.  Oh, and I bought a new spatula.  Our old one molded down the handle.  The new one is all one piece.  Of course it was more expensive than the two piece ones, and it killed me but I felt it was an investment.  For $5 it ought to last forever. 

So that was my day.  I came home feeling refreshed and ready to go.  That lasted till bedtime.  I think I need another day off tomorrow too.  Just to be sure.  I mean it is a busy week.  Hunting season started.  My son will be 11.  I have to do a birthday.  You know, I spent some money today.  I enjoyed it.  But now the guilt has started.  I need tomorrow to return everything. :)  (just kidding.  That is just every other time I shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment